The good news is that once you recognize that your Boise home’s other fine points might be overpowered by the relative lack of spaciousness, there are measures you can take to downplay that drawback. The most important actions are those recommended for
every Boise home for sale, large or tiny:
- Do away with excess furniture
- Add light everywhere you can
To minimize any “cramped” feeling:
- Ditch the drapes (especially the heavy ones)
- Do away with the tchotchkes
- Go with solids instead of prints in everything from wallpaper to artwork. In fact—
- Lose the artwork
- Consider removing interior doors where they chop up the home’s “flow”
- Minimize your color palette—experts even suggest a single color everywhere!
Selling your slightly undersized Boise home for the best price will involve putting its outstanding features front-and-center—but that will only be possible if the magnitude issue doesn’t overpower everything else. You’ll want prospects to think “I LOVE
that place!” first, and only “We can make do with the smaller space” as an afterthought.
Marketing Boise homes is my specialty. I hope you’ll give me a call!