That doesn’t seem fair, so in order to preserve the spirit of Halloween week for house buyers, here is a theme-appropriate tale with half a dozen shriek-producing plot twist endings:
(Turn down the lights).
Imagine an innocent couple—after an uneventful series of house showings, they finally find the home of their dreams! They apply for the home loan; all they have to do is await approval…
It’s a dark and stormy night. Now the phone rings! It’s the bank; the phone is on speaker as we hear the bone-chilling voice that says:
- “Is it true that you just changed jobs two weeks ago?”
- “Soooo, last Tuesday you decided to buy a bunch of furniture for the new house—on credit?”
- “That big one-time deposit into your bank account. It came from…where, exactly?”
- “Looks like you forget to list that personal loan balance of $12,315?”
- “I see you bought a very nice car last week. Very. Nice.”
- “Eight credit inquiries in the past two months? Really—eight?”
Credit missteps like these can turn into trap doors on the path to owning a home. But such scary Halloween plot twists will just be make-believe—especially for Boise house buyers who have the benefit of teaming up with a licensed Boise real estate
professional. Whether buying or selling, I hope you’ll give me a call—the earlier, the better!